One Pan Chicken Sausage and Veggies
About this Recipe
I’m all about a quick throw-together meal, and this sheet pan dinner is no exception! However, choosing a meal that saves time doesn’t mean you have to neglect your gut – you can still easily incorporate ingredients that will benefit your digestive health.
For example, the veggies and greens in this recipe fuel your gut with fiber and other nutrients! The overall structure of the meal (including protein, carbs, fats, fiber, etc) helps maintain blood sugar balance – another key component not only for satiation, but for digestion, too.
I love how EASY this dinner is, and everyone in the family loves it. You can have fun choosing your own variety of veggies, sausage flavor, and toppings. This truly is just a template for you to get creative with! This is exactly how we work with our gutTogether clients, too: no strict meal plans, just guidelines for how to best nourish your gut health and overall wellbeing.
Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Veggies
- 12-16 oz chicken sausage
- 2 cups sweet potato diced
- 1 red onion roughly chopped
- 6 oz baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 drizzle EVOO
- hummus to top
- tzatziki to top
- desired seasonings I used salt and pepper
- greens (optional) to serve on
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice chicken sausage and veggies.
- Drizzle with EVOO and season as desired.
- Roast for around 25 min.
- Serve on bed of greens if desired; top with hummus and/or tzatziki!
Are you ready to get started on your gut health journey?
Download my free guide “10 Ways to Improve Digestion Now"