Soup-er White Bean Chicken Chili
About this Recipe
It’s that time of year, where you just want to curl up on the couch with a warm bowl of soup – on the days where the Texas weather decides to act fall-like, at least.
This White Bean Chicken Chili recipe is very easy and loaded with basic ingredients you likely already have. It’ll definitely be one of my family’s go-tos this season! It was filling, extra tasty and required minimal effort – takes under an hour to make!
Feel free to garnish as you please. I went with a lime wedge and cilantro this time around!
White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet Onion medium, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsps Cumin
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 cups Organic Chicken Broth divided
- 3 cups White Navy Beans cooked and divided
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Lime sliced into wedges
- Heat oil in a large pot with a lid over medium-high heat. Add onion, jalapeno and bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder and salt and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- While vegetables are cooking, add a third of the stock and half of the beans to a food processor or blender and blend to puree the beans.
- Add the remaining stock and pureed beans to the pot and stir to combine. Place the chicken in the pot, cover with lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook at a gentle boil for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked though.
- Remove the cooked chicken thighs from the pot and carefully shred the chicken with two forks. Return the chicken and any juices back to the pot with the remaining beans, frozen corn kernels and cilantro. Stir to combine and season with additional salt if needed. Allow soup to cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Divide the chili into bowls and serve with a lime wedge. Enjoy!
Are you ready to get started on your gut health journey?
Download my free guide “10 Ways to Improve Digestion Now”