Get On Board: Zucchini Breakfast Boats
About this Recipe
Just when you thought you’d made every kind of zucchini dish possible (shout out, quarantine zucchini bread)…
You can make your breakfast healthy AND fun, too, with these deliciously simple Zucchini Breakfast Boats! Totally customizable to your taste, they only require 8 ingredients and take 30 minutes to make. I fill mine with the perfect savory scramble and top with parsley and nutritional yeast (adds a cheesy, nutty flavor), but you can top it however you choose! Other ideas could be salsa, shredded cheese, green onions… you name it.
Meal prep tip: these last up to three days! You can make the boats in one go and change up the stuffing each day, or even prep the scramble in advance, too.
Zucchini Breakfast Boats
- 1 Zucchini large, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/4 Yellow Onion chopped
- 4 White Button Mushrooms chopped
- 2 Egg
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsps Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast optional, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (191ºC). Scoop out the middle flesh of the zucchini and place flesh side up, in an oven-safe dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add the bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until cooked through. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and add to the vegetables along with the sea salt. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked through.
- Transfer the egg and vegetable mixture to the scooped out part of the zucchini and place in the oven to cook for 5 more minutes. Remove and top with parsley and nutritional yeast, if using. Serve and enjoy!
Are you ready to get started on your gut health journey?
Download my free guide “10 Ways to Improve Digestion Now”