Casserole With It: Potato + Turkey Breakfast Casserole
About this Recipe
A breakfast casserole is perfect when you need to feed a crowd first thing in the morning, or meal prep for your week. Potato, turkey sausage, and yummy veggies come together with egg and are baked to a golden brown. Start off the day right with this no-fuss recipe!
Note: you can alter according to your preference or what you have on hand. It will accommodate leftover meats, veggies and cheeses of all kinds. Just chop or shred and toss them into the mix. Part of what makes this minimal-ingredient recipe so easy!
Potato and Turkey Breakfast Casserole
- 2 Yellow Potato chopped into small cubes
- 8 ozs Turkey Sausage casing removed
- 2 cups Kale Leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 Egg
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the potatoes into the water and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks. When the sausage is no longer pink, add the chopped kale to the pan and cook until just wilted.
- Add the cooked potatoes and sausage mixture to a baking dish. Then add the tomatoes. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and salt. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish making sure the potatoes, sausage mixture and tomatoes are equally covered with eggs.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until eggs are set and firm to the touch. Cut into squares and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Are you ready to get started on your gut health journey?
Download my free guide “10 Ways to Improve Digestion Now”